Thursday, December 7, 2017

Musee des beaux-arts du Canada - permanent collection


Finally a chance to sit and rest
in front of a stained glass window.
Thursday is the day that the Musee des beaux-arts is free for people over 65 years old.

I am familiar with taking the bus down to the museum now. I was hoping to stay there most of the day.

 There was no Mary around to pack me a lunch. I wish I had thought of doing it on my own.

When I arrived I went straight to the fourth floor for the first hour.

 I wanted to look at their Inuit art collection.

I walked slowly and enjoyed about 2/3rds of it.

Couldn't help but fall in love
with the Swan element of this chair
When I got off of the elevator on the fourth floor, I couldn’t go straight to the collection for I had to gaze out of the windows at the beautiful setting – Montreal at its best seen through those windows: the mountain, charming apartment buildings, gracious homes, the sculpture garden below me.

I thought I was going to cry. I may have done a few quiet heaves of the chest as I looked out of the window. I tried to remember that in the heart clinic someone told me that if that happens, just let emotion overwhelm me. I did take some long breaths.

I looked for the tour of the day.

It was a 45 minute tour of the new Peace Pavilion.

Most of the patrons there were wanting the French tour which was good for me, since only three people came with us to see the four floors through the eyes of the English translator.

Ruby Pineapple Chandelier
Chihuly Glass Collection
On my tour later, I was to discover that the architect designed the outer gardens so that people would have an emotional reaction to them.

The woman pointed out how the aluminum beams are the only structure between us and lovely Montreal.

I loved my time in that museum.

Now I am trying to figure out with the days I have left, should I just buy a museum pass for the year?

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.