Tuesday, September 4, 2018

A Fridge Treasure Hunt

... proof that I can use up old ingredients without
having to buy new ones to go with the old ...
Every day is curious.

A wonder, sometimes.

I thought about what to cook today, given that I had cleaned out the cupboard and found a package of tandoori butter chicken mix.

On the back of the package it suggested using small black lentils and a few kidney beans for a vegetarian alternative.

What surprised me is that I still had an onion and some some whipping cream in the fridge that I could use in the recipe.

So the fun is in using up the ingredients without buying anything more.

Now that was a morning’s worth of fun. 

Especially since I was wondering what to do with the black lentils that have kidney beans mixed in with them.  They were in my cupboard as a gift from people who had visited.  I didn't know exactly what they were are how to cook them.  I had done an internet search to find out at least the general category of food that they were and how to first soak and then cook them. 

Oh, thank goodness for google.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.