Saturday, September 15, 2018

American in Paris - The Musical

An American in Paris: the musical
I sat down to figure out which of the NT Live and the Met NT Live productions I should pencil into my daytimer.

This week coming up on Thursday is American in Paris - the Musical, a show that ran at the Dominion Theatre in London.  Playing at both the Eau Claire and the Scotia bank -- 6 pm.

For a good review go to An American in Paris: Gorgeous blend of ballet and musical theatre.

The review says that the show offers us a gravity defying sprezzatura.  I must look that word up.

Arta

PS.  I did look up sprezzatura.


3 comments:

  1. Duncan and I went to see it tonight with Stacy and Felix. We left the theatre dancing our ways down the hall.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think that performance will be the highlight of the year. Too bad that it came first and now everything else is going to be downhill. As to dancing your way down the hall the same thing happened with Zoe. She was quiet until we got to the car. And then she stood on the sidewalk and suddenly her feet were just going everywhere with such rapidity. Wyona laughed and said, "Oh you are thinking of `Dancing Feet' or whatever that tap number was. And then the glow on Zoe's face!

    Yes, a fantastic musical. Depth in the story line. I am glad I didn't miss that one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And even better. Mary tells me that the whole Brooks family went. I kept looking at costumes, watching the ballet, watching the tap, and then that lovely Gershwin music would come to the forefront again and again. So much pleasure for the senses, and over much too quickly.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.