Tuesday, June 15, 2021

My Aunt, My Friend, My Teacher

Dear Arta,

I spoke to my Dad this morning (Glen).  He informed me of your decision and told me all about your phone conversation last night.

I am writing you to tell you how much I love you.  Words cannot express the emotion that fills me when I think of you.  You are truly the most amazing women I know and I have so much admiration and love for you. 

 

Arta

A few of many fond memories I have of us:

 

  • Our time in London.  Oh, the museums and the musicals.  You taught me to listen and appreciate the learning (whatever that might be) there.     

  • You and I starting the food blog at the lake while I was on maternity leave with Landen.  The bread making was incredible and I don’t think I will ever be able to roll buns the way you do ðŸ˜Š .  You have always showed me that the work you put into things, is worth the time.  Just the experience is amazing so take time to enjoy it.

  • You, Wyona, and Moiya taking the time to work through my interview questions for an essay I had to write for women’s studies.  The best part was sitting at the lake with just the three of you and listening to stories I had never heard.  The appreciation you all had as you shared your stories was inspiring.  The fact that I got to spend that time with the three of you without sharing and with no interruption is something I will never forget and will always cherish.    
 
  • Our drive from the lake with you explaining all of the amazing landmarks along the way.  You taught me to pay attention and to look up as there is joy and learning everywhere.

 

Our family now has a piece of the lake with lot 9 and 5 shares. I am working to build a house with my Dad at the lake because of you.  Thank you!  The memories I will build with my family and the adventures I will have with my Dad on the house build will largely be because of you.  I will enjoy the experience of learning, put in the effort, and appreciate all of it all of the time. 

 

I have been so fortunate to have you in my life. I love you, Arta! My Aunt, My Friend, and My Teacher.

 

Love Always,

 

Laynie

4 comments:

  1. A drive out to the lake with Arta is an experience to remember. I wish I would have taken notes so I could give the same experience to others. Lovely tribute Laynie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Laynie. Heartfelt and tender memories. Arta's memory lives on inside each of those she touched.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to have been at the table for the Women's Studies questions. I hope someday I can sit with you and your children when they are writing their essays and listen to and share the stories of our lives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful relationship to make such a heartfelt tribute to the woman who's shown you how to make sense of your own life by being a living example through love and experience for you to take as a guide for your own journey. Just lovey! Thank you for sharing this personal piece with us!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.