Friday, June 11, 2021

Comings and Goings at the Chateau Carter-Johnson post Biliary Stent

Thought I would do a bit of a report about various comings and goings at the Carter-Johnson household over the week 'post-stent'.  We had both Doral and Wyona come to visit.
Hey, Arta said I could have her glasses!

It was so much fun having Doral on board for the first week.  Our sleep schedules were a bit off...he was going to bed at a reasonable hour, and getting up early.  This really took the pressure off me.  Instead of having Steve pester me to go for early morning walks with him and the dog, he could pester Doral.  and as it turned out, Doral was keen!   Thus,  the two of them were out pounding the pavement at 
5am every morning with Penny the dog.   What a relief to be busy sleeping, while they were busy sweating!  

I was also introduced to Board Game Arena, and spent some happy times playing online with Duncan and Doral.  It cracked me up to be playing Splendor online with them, since the physical copy of the boardgame was right there on the shelf.  The two men assured me that the electronic version is easier to clean up.  :-). That was a compelling argument.

Wyona and Doral then did a tradeoff.   Both took a shot at modelling Arta's most beautiful glasses.   Though I agree that they look good on both Doral and Wyona, I still assert that I get first dibs when she is ready to pass them along.
"I think these glasses look better on me!"

Wyona brought her own special shopping expertise to the house. Everyone knows that shopping is not my thing, but she and Arta do love it.   Bonnie arrived at same time, so four of them (Wyona, Arta, Duncan and Bonnie) went on a road trip to Costco!   Arta insisted on the trip, even though she was too tired to get into the store, and stayed behind in the car with Bonnie while Duncan and Wyona shopped.


A few days later, Bonnie arrived, and Wyona agreed that she would give Watercolour lessons to Bonnie and I (and Duncan) in the evenings.   We sent her off to gather the necessary supplies, so now we were fully kitted out!
yes, the 'watermelon' is the appropriate snack for 'watercolour lessons'


My first watercolour (yes, copied from another picture)
 

The second night, Duncan joined us, and he choose an Owl painting for us to copy.   




Steve suggested that my painting reminded him of one of the uncles from the Munster's TV show.   
I thought that was a bit mean til I went out to look at the character, and then I decided I could see the resemblance.
Our final attempt was from a photo of the lake.   The piece-de-resistance!  Thanks Wyona for the lessons!  It helps to have a teacher at the table as you work!





1 comment:

  1. You know, those watercolor paintings look very good on the blog. The clouds and mountains are fun of great colors. We did have such fun painting.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.