Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Everyone's Favourite Bird

 Ok, well, maybe it's only my favourite bird.  I can't help but love the unloved.

One windy day during a walk around Henderson Lake, the wind was strong and the gulls were soaring.  I decided to take a break and try to capture the birds in flight. I love how a bird in flight can be so many different shapes.









There was a large flock of gulls chillin' out on the dock as well, just resting.  I have fun trying to get some good shots of them taking off and landing. 

 




This is my favourtie sequence of a landing.





Was that enough gulls for you?



5 comments:

  1. If I had been looking for a lot of text I would have found your post galling. However and since I love photography, I shall describe it as gulling.

    Thank you, Mary. Especially for pointing out to me that I should look at the gull in flight to give me different shapes. I love looking at something with new eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the pun. It made me laugh. Can't believe the blessing of digital photography and of an amazing quality camera built into a phone. I never could have done this with a film camera. The number of photos I took to come away with these shots was quadruple what it here -- I would have had to pay to develope the film and print them, then had to scan them before I could put them up on the web. I never would have been carrying my camera with me every time i went on a daily walk.

      Delete
  2. I agree with you about the miracle of photography now. When I read that most telephones carry better cameras than the cameras we bought and paid for not even 10 years ago?, I haven't picked up my old cameras since then. The phone camera is such a privilege. When I sit down and have to delete photos, a bit of resentment comes to me that i am having to "spend all of that time" and I forget how much time those older cameras took. Do you think there is any carry over for you from the photography course you took many years ago at university?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary trapped me by drawing attention to the different shapes of the bird as they fly. I even picked up a pencil to try doing one of the shapes. I love being able to stop for a moment and connect with someone's post that way.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.