Monday, September 7, 2020

Nikko Yuko Japanese Garden - Lethbridge

We have been wanting to visit the Japanese Garden -- is not more then 4 blocks from our house. The garden is right beside Henderson Lake Park which we visit many times a week when we walk the dogs, or get out for a skate board. We decided to take advantage of these last few days of summer weather and get in an evening visit.

As we entered the gate, we pretty much instantly decided we needed to get an annual pass so we could come whenever we want to. It is such a beautiful, peaceful spot.  I found my new favourite spot right away. I loooooved these trees.

 

We kept walking and rounded a corner, where I found my new new favourite spot: a stream with an area beside it covered in flat smooth stones.

 

We kept walking until we got to the friendship bell.  I rang it, and it become my new favourite spot instantly.

 

Until I turned around and across from the bell was this beautiful view of a trio of trees with their reflections in the water, and guess what?  My new favourite spot.

Anytime I see these two, whererver they are standing becomes my new favourite spot as well.

The following are all photos from the patio area of the tea house.  Beautiful views which ever way you look Ccan you spot Rhiannon and Cyra? They are my favourites as well).


Any view of the Lethbridge sky and clouds is my favourite. Especailly these from the tea house.  In the foreground is the garden pond and in the background is Henderson Lake.



Here are some photos of the beautiful tea house, front and back.

 

Finally, we got to enjoy the Minyo Dancers from the Nikkei Cultural Society.

 

Guest were invited to join the dancers for their last piece which was the dance of the coal miners.  The moves were straight forward: dig the coal, shovel it over your shoulder, push the coal cart and start again.  I spared my children by not participating, but we all agreed that if Grandma Arta had been there, we would not have been able to stop her from joining.

If we go again this coming Saturday, we will see a performance of the Lethbridge Community Taiko Association.  I hope it doesn't snow before then so that we can enjoy the drumming. You just never know in Southern Alberta when a storm might hit.



2 comments:

  1. How much is a yearly pass?

    I have always wanted to spend a long time in Japan. I think this is going to be my grand chance to mirror that experience in some way. Thank you for reminding me how much beauty is just a few doors, or a few hours drive from me when I am in Alberta.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.