Monday, September 7, 2020

Sicamous Falls

You never know what adventures waits for you around the corner if you are just willing to say yes.

 On our last day at the lake for the summer, Rhiannon and I wanted to go into Sicamous to get poutine for her from the Lemon Tree restaurant.  She had gone there with her dad and thought they had one of the best gravies she has ever tried (she is a poutine connoisseur).  Bonnie came with us.  Sadly, the restaurant was out of gravy so not serving poutine that day.  That was sad, but we ordered fries anyway.

While we were eating I asked Bonnie to tell me some of her favourite things about Sicamous.  She asked if I had ever been to Sicamous Falls, and I had to admit, I had never even heard of it. Rhiannon agreed that we could extend our outing.


Off we went.  And what a treasure it is.  I was so grateful to get to visit one of Bonnie's favourite spots with her.




It is literally a 5 minute walk from the parking lot to the Falls.  There is a beautiful set of stairs that take you into the gorge where the falls are.  You  know you are getting old when you appreciate a set of stairs enough that you stop to take multiple pictures of them.





4 comments:

  1. I too have great appreciation for those stairs. I'm so glad we snuck in that final summer adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i can't believe you went without me!!!!???

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry. Bonnie agreed to chauffeur us to Sicamous for poutine. The falls were a spontaneous outing. You were at the pottery wheel taking care of my pottery. Thanks for that. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have been to see these falls as well. One thing I am going to change about my next visit, is ... I am going to make it a longer visit. Let the sound of the falls surround me, and the gentle mist that is in the air? I am going to concentrate on enjoying it, really feeling it.

    This beautiful spot is a treasure I will visit again this fall.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.