Sunday, September 6, 2020

Betty went Sailing

"I don't think I will go sailing again."
Tim Oldham invited any of Michael, Alice or Betty to go sailing with him.

Only Betty wanted to go.

I am pretty sure she didn’t know what sailing meant when she said she would go.But down to the shore she went.

I am trying now to finish off the summer’s adventures as I blog and I am afraid I can no longer capture the story of sailing that Betty told us when she got back.

It is a strange mixture of fiction and fact, though I think it is all fact in her mind.

For example, she said that the hull of the tilted at a deep angle and that it was hard to sit in the boat for it was always tipping and then she showed us the angle.

I think that part was true.

"I jumped off when it got close to shore and I swam in."
She said that Kalina and Theresa were in the boat as well. 

Again, true.

She said that she jumped off of the boat when it got close to shore and swam in.

I think she only wanted to do this – not that she did do it. But by the time she told us the story, she was pretty sure she had done that.

Then she told me that she had to walk up to the house all by herself after sailing was done.  I am sure Lurene would not have let her do that.  Still, in her little mind, she swam to safety and then hurried up to the house.

I just love that little five year old.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.