Sunday, January 16, 2022

Birthday Cinnamon Buns

 It was my birthday yesterday.  It was a good day. Axel asked me if we could make cinnamon buns together.  That made me happy. And so, what follows is a photo essay of our adventure.  None of this will be new to any of you, but I figure pictures of homemade cinnamon buns are sort of like pictures of the lake -- you can never get sick of them.


I never measure the cinnamon.


Once everything is ready to assemble, time to wake up Axel to tie the buns for me.


Here we go.




Assembly complete.  Time for the oven.



We ran out of steam so decided the last of the dough would become a round loaf of bread.


And the results... Can you smell them?



When I was growing up, we never put icing on our cinnamon buns.  Icing was only for butterhorns.  But, yesterday, we did go all decadent and make cream cheese icing as well.  Yummy.

3 comments:

  1. Mary, you are the best. What a gift to GIVE on your birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be right over. Please keep them hot until I get there

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the cinamon bun idea. I'll try to make some tomorrow for the kiddies and say that they're from aunt Mary.

    Love you.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.