Saturday, January 29, 2022

I suddenly dont' want creamsicle....

 Today:


This morning we woke up, started late, but got the crepes going in generally good time and order.  Everyone likes Rogers Icing Sugar but betty still asks for cinnamon sugar because I always try to sell it as the best flavor.

Betty keeps saying that she wants to wear the "too big" dress that miranda has made, so that is how Betty starts the day.  Twirling her dress and enjoying the long flowing dress that Miranda has made.



I didn't cut Alice's crepes into bite sized pieces like everyone else, and I got a bit of a melt down because she was using my freshly delivered box from amazon as shoes and she was doing a bang bang with her feet under the table.  After several requests to stop she was told that several requests was too many.  A frown, a thrown crepe, and into the hallway she chose in order to express her displeasure with being reprimanded.

How are we going to clean up the house I wonder to myself?  Miranda started suggesting that we do a dungeons and dragons campaign today with "coyote and crow".  The storyline being futuristic sci-fi with some grounding in indigenous culture.  Miranda found this thing a while ago and today we'll start thinking about doing it.

Ever I am trying to use rewards to encourage the hard work be completed, so I said the house had to be clean before we start doing an imaginary campaign.  1.  We'll need to buy candy.  2. I'd like to install a medicine cabinet downstairs in the bathroom.  3.  Miranda will need time to set up a story so I'll need to busy the kids.

So I took the girls with me to get groceries and candy and hardware for the medicine cabinet.  Everyone chose their candy at walmart, but still they didn't have thai red curry paste so off to superstore we go.  We found the current offering that the city has but it isn't really THE curry paste that we're used to cooking with.  Still, grab it and leave.  On the way out I'm offering "poke sticks" to the girls as a 'helping daddy' reward but they keep asking for flowers.  Gack.  Who the hell wants to waste money on stupid colored flowers.  But they can't choose the same thing, each wants something different, so we leave with both bouquets.



After superstore Betty had already asked to go to the exercise park.  Behind Louise Riley Library there is a body weight style outdoors exercise gym.  It's a silly little community installation but the kids like to play on the equipment.  So we go there for fifteen minutes.  

Then off to homedepot for some #8 washers because I'm not confident in the hardware provided in this medicine cabinet that I bought at costco.  The standard thing at homedepot is that kids get a lollipop.  They used to sell them for 99c, and now they sell them for 69c.  I'm only buying 60c worth of washers but why not.  The girls choose their lollipops and choose one for michael so that they don't get home and make him jealous.

I stopped at highland liquor store to check for a 'hawk tale' beer that we tried a few times, Miranda and I.  The girls didn't want to come in and I came out sans beer.  When the door opened Alice was bawling and betty had her arms crossed.  

Before I'd left the car, Alice was saying that she wanted michaels lollipop.  She had chosen wrong, and she wanted michaels instead.  Betty was unwilling to let Alice take michaels flavor.  I had talked through with them that everyone wasn't happy, that micheal might be willing to trade his flavor with alice, but that she should tell him what had happened and ask michael if he was willing to take the creamsicle flavor and let alice have the blackberry flavor.




While I was in looking for the fun flavor that we cant find anymore, Alice had asked Betty if Alice could hold the two lollipops in question.  Betty would not relent and let Alice hold Michaels lollipop.  Betty was furious, Alice was bawling, and I was pissed off that I'd even bought these stupid lollipops.

I said that Betty had made Alice mad, that all three us us weren't really happy right now.  I told them that I'd bought these with the intent that it might provide joy.  Nobody was happy, these lollipops would all now sit in my hands, and I wasn't sure if anyone would even get to have their lollipops. 

I told Betty that she might want to apologize for making Alice cry, but that she shouldn't apologize until she was ready, because my opinion was that the only thing worse than no apology was an insincere apology.

Alice said that if Betty didn't apologize before we got home, that Alice wouldn't accept her apology.  So then I got to tease out my feeling that a required apology wasn't acceptable and that Alice wasn't allowed to demand a timeline for an apology.

Then we all went into the house, the lollipops haven't been released from purgatory, and now we are sitting down to try this indigenous dungeons and dragons story together.




I'm exhausted, I tried to take out black beans to hydrate for tomorrows dinner.  Tonight's dinner will be lentils with indian flavor.


The medicine cabinet did get installed, but it's a little twisted... off plumb... but I'm totally exhausted, I don't care, and I wish I'd found that beer flavor at the liquor store.  I'll calm myself with sugar and lentils instead.  





I love you all.



6 comments:

  1. You are so much like Arta, you made me laugh and cry. I miss Arta. Thank you for the gift of your story, for freely offering it out to the blogosphere. I love you, Benjamin Richard Johnson.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love you too. I accept your compliment but it is too grand. I can't imagine any better way to raise or be raised. How lucky we all are.

      Delete
    2. Unacceptable, you must accept their compliment. It doesn't have to be now, but when you are ready, accept the praise of a story well put.

      Delete
  2. I would take any of those three flavours!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I admire you're strength at leaving the liquor store with nothing in tow since you couldn't find what you went in looking for. I can always find a second choice. And I always do.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.