Thursday, January 13, 2022

Finding Joy -- A Giant Salad

 A new calendar year has arrived and thoughts of whether to set new goals always come with that.  I'm not really a "new year's resolution" kind of person, but have been thinking about how my relationship with food has changed recently.  I feel pretty blah about it.  Which is weird for me.  I am having a hard time putting even minimal effort into making delicious food for myself.  I have been thinking about maybe even just once a week making something interesting that I might really, really enjoy eating.

This week it was just a simple salad (mixed greens, green pepper, tomatoes, store-bought greek dressing) but the serving size was what gave me joy -- eating an Arta-sized serving in the biggest bowl I could find. Add some pan-fried tofu and a sauce I've never tried before. Again, use some pretty dishes. And a glass of red wine doesn't hurt.


I'm trying to go back to eating more plant-based proteins and thinking lentils next week.  Any suggestions out there?


ADDENDUM

This was the look on my face when I went to eat this again (but as leftovers for lunch) and I dropped the tofu on the ground and my dog ate it before I could recover it.  So just a salad for lunch today...


Naughty dog.


7 comments:

  1. I don't like tofu so I think I might have been o.k. with the dog getting to it before me. Hope the salad was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your tofu. Well done dog! I have recently found Anna Jones' recipe books which are all vegetarian. I am a fan of not having to hunt for ingredients so these recipes are good with only the occasional, what is that?!? moment. Also, she is a British author so some adapting of names of ingredients and temperatures is required. Here is her website: http://annajones.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm gonna try these noodle recipes:
      https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2018/mar/12/anna-joness-recipes-for-peanut-noodles-and-double-ginger-soba

      Delete
  3. Oh yes! Chelsea's parents recently introduced me to famous BC series of books, like the famous Company's Coming recipe books in Alberta. They are called 'Whitewater Cooks' and I have the new, Together Again book. Delicious recipes so far and there is 27 ingredient salad I will try one day. One day. https://whitewatercooks.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 27 ingredient salad? Does it make a salad b big enough to feed 27 people? This may be a salad to make with family at the lake. Let me know how it turns out.

      Delete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.