Monday, January 10, 2022

More Memories in Photos...Thank you to Wyora & Doral and to Arta, the Corporate memory and record keeper.

 

September at Shuswap. We have the stigma of the trains, up to 30 a day running through our property. We are so lucky!
Anywhere one stands there is a different view of the same thing, beautiful or boring, your choice.
Pathmaking! I love those directors giving advice to Gabe, Theresa and Sabrina.
Marcia's lot with all the logs rolled out.
Arta sleeping, Moiya joining her and Wyona taking the photo. Thank you to Steve and Rebecca for the loving memories we have Chez Carter.


Doral had this Christmas card printed and sent in 1928/29. He was an amazing record keeper.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing that photo. Yes, thank you to Steve and Rebecca. I thought I'd finished crying, but just one photo and I'm crying so hard that it's dripping off my nose. A wonderful gift for this day, January 10th. Another good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of all the photos... I think I love most the part in Artas 'sleep photo', Where you can see the photographer with a very serious face, in the closet mirror. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that spot. I love every view. I never get sick of it. I just loved riding on Blue with you this past summer for a tour of the property and going down the new roads to Lurene and Marcia's lot. Just fantastic. The path making photo is just the best. It is a great metaphor for what is most important in life -- making connections and so forth. I love photos of you three sisters. I'm so glad Richard pointed out that the photographer made it into the phot via the mirror. Sweaty eyeballs indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You captured a summer of mixed emotions and experiences. The faces of the relatives we love, and the place that pulls at our hearts. Thank you for taking the time to share these photos and memories Wyona. See you on Blue soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. it makes me happy, wyona, to know that you can post such great photos when you are up cause you can't sleep. I am voting for you to have more sleepless nights, because I am loving these posts (agreeing with Richard re the nose-tears thing)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoyed these photos. Love the autumn colours on the lake. Wow. I've never been at Shuswap in the fall. Just glorious. Hard not to miss Arta while looking at the pictures of her with her best friends.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.