Monday, April 11, 2022

$1.49

 I saw a huge bag of tomatoes on the "quick sale" stand and couldn't pass it up. Thought, 
"I"ll just whip up a batch of roasted tomatoes soup."


Got home and counted 14 tomatoes.  It was too many to fit on one pan.


For some reason it seemed wrong to only have one tomato on a pan, so threw some garlic in oil on there too.


At the other end of 40 minutes at 400 degrees, here they are.


Blend tomatoes with garlic and some carmelized onions. Maybe add some salt, pepper, fresh basil and dried oregano.


In the end, "whip up" a batch of soup doesn't mean it is fast.  But it is delicious.

I really wished I were sitting down to eat this soup with Arta.


6 comments:

  1. We were in soup mode... you and I. I made a very watery version of peanut soup last night. It got into ziplock bags this morning but I didn't get it to work to drink. It'll be more of a watery african soup smoothy but still it carries the same flavors and feels that I was looking to capture. Soups forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The thing that makes that peanut soup the best to me is putting pickled banana peppers on top right before you eat it. Like lots of them. I just love that vinegar heat with the creamy sweetness of the peanut.

      Delete
  2. so funny! We also did soup last night (tortellini soup... which required blending up two tins of tomatoes). Mine was less work, but i bet yours was more delicious. I too wished we were eating it with Arta (whose handwriting is on my copy of the recipe)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can say definitively that I don't know anyone who loved soup more than Arta. My neighbour brought me some vegetable soup with barley. I love those chewy barley bit, but I almost never make barley myself or put it in my soups.

      Delete
    2. I DO! Pot Barley is only in my pantry to go into vegitable or stone soup. If the soup is going for 4 hr, or at least 1.5hr... it's getting pot barley. Yum yum yum.

      Delete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.