Sunday, April 3, 2022

The secret box, what could be inside.....

April 16th, 2022.

_-----------------

Making pancakes this morning. We didn't have eggs at home, so we went over to steal eggs from kelvin. Forgot that someone had defaced the eggs   








April 14th, 2022.

_______________________

For fun, when we finally started to get the box to open, we wondered what would be in the box.   What was REALLY in the box, I will not reveal that.  

We talked at the dinner table about what would be funny if we wanted to report to the aunts about what was in the box.  Funny things could be.... bigger than the box.... newer than if Arta had put them in the box... funny things that she usually treasured (dental floss, etc), and we all wrote down our three favorite ideas each, and then we decided how to present our "treasures" that we found in the box.

Michael's decision was that he would find shu-swaggie eggs in the box.  So we got regular eggs out of the fridge and colored them with markers to make them look surprising.  This crafting was so fun that everyone needed to do an egg.  Only Michaels egg photo was mailed though.  Michael chose to send his silly joke to Bonnie.




Alice's decision was that she would find beautiful pearls in the box.  I couldn't get her to make a silly joke.  She wanted to find valuable jewlery in the box.  Alice chose to send her silly photo to Rebecca.





Betty's decision was that she would find a silly clown in the box.  I don't know where that came from.  I did enjoy the staged photo of her with the clown though.  I couldn't think of how to stage this idea but Miranda said that Miranda had a small clown doll from her childhood that she could get grandma joan to bring up from across the city.  Betty chose to send her silly photo to Mary.




We were also writting about our silly joke on Dorals post cards.  One style for each child.  I thought that since there were four styles of post card, that I should do a photo as well and send one to the last sister Catherine to round out all of the women getting a surprise.  Four styles of postcard, four sisters, four little jokes.  Then maybe when the sisters talked they would be confused that each person had a totally different silly joke that they'd received.




Thats the end of the fancy chinese box that nobody could open.  I"ll never tell what was really inside...


__________________________

April 8th, 2022.

So many good things inside this box!  I've taken a picture of each person pulling out one of the treasures that were hidden in this box.  Once I've uploaded the photos I'll share them with you.  Alice, Michael, Betty, and me all found special things inside!


__________________________

April 5th, 2022.

I did open that box once, maybe 20 years ago...  I do know how it feels to open this lock.  So I tried, and we got it to open...





Now, what is inside?  Lets look....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

April 1st, 2022.

So far we havent been able to open this box. It's supposed to be locked and put under your pillow at night to protect the most precious things that you possess. 


What could arta have put inside....









6 comments:

  1. 5 boxes of water pick dental flossing machines?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're killing me!!!! I need to know. My vote is for small baggies of kleenex and a book of bus tickets, with only one ticket remaining that has already been validated at the Banff Trail C-Train station.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart is so full. I love the final chapter of this story. What a wonderful memory you have made for all of us. You family joke was just the best and each of your children's personalities shone through on their joke. I'm so in love with everything about this story Richard. Thank you for the jewel. It will be making me heart warm and my face smile so big everytime I think of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have a knack for capturing Miranda's "stop taking photos of me" expression. I love that woman.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.