Saturday, April 9, 2022

Did you know... that JAZZ IS BACK!!!!!!!








 Good day.  I don't even know where to start.....


Made crepes this morning.  No milk, which changes how the cook.  Real bad.  Well, not bad, but the wheat doesn't really get thin in the batter.  It kind of gets gluy.  Anyhoo.

Made them, put them to the side, half cooked a scrambled egg in the pan, layed the crepe down on the egg, finished it cooking through, rolled it up with some mozzarela and served to the famly.  I'm always worried.  New things never work.  Nobody really complained though.  So it went over well.

Washed the inside of the fridge, it was pretty gross.  We did some hard work with the kids on lists of work to do, and fun things to sprinkle in to reward ourselves if we're getting stuck in hard work.... who knows if that will land as a teaching moment.

Laundry got started.  There was a wet load from three days ago.  Still, it was mine and I put it on the wire to dry.  Hopefully the damp wet rotty smell of old wet laundry will blow away in the wind.

After that Miranda and I made a list of grocieries that we might need.  mostly the items were centered around soups.  I am wanting to use up some of the chicken stock (turkey stock) in the freezers.  So four stock based soups were identified.  I took Michael and Alice with me to get those grocieries.

On the way to the superstore, I stopped in at the local barber on northmount drive.  They only want 20$ cash and you get what you pay for.  But we met Mo, the current local persian who is either learning to cut, or just not classically trained.  We made a friend, michale got a haircut, and both kids siad they'd come back.  So sometimes going to the box store company doesn't offer little personal touches.

I had checked the internet to see if Byblos bakery was open but it said closed on Saturday Sunday. I was so sad. But Miranda and I had gone before on a Saturday, so I called. No answer. Sad.  Still, after superstore I passed by because I love the namoura so much. They were open!!!

Alice asked for a meat pie and Michael asked for a chicken pie. So I got pita, namoura, snacks for kids, and a falafel for Miranda. The falafels are best in city as far as I am concerned. 

Sitting there as the kids snacked for a bit, I realized that this was a generational routine.  That's totally why I was doing this. I was taken there and given a falafel as a teen. We are all just trying to give our best forward I suppose. I wonder if that was her bribing me now that I think about it in my today context. Read forward about bribery that I performed today ......


After getting home, I told Miranda that I'd gotten an invite from Marcia to go to a jazz concert.  I told alice and michael that I'd gotten the invite and they both said that they'd want to go.  So I said, sure we'll go Marce!

When I got home, we unloaded groceries, I told miranda the plan, and kept doing laundry.  A time later, Miranda said that she would rather that I asked before making plans like that.  After a bit of talking it turns out that instead she meant... I already had plans to go out with friends by myself, and this made her cancel her plans.  A bit of work on the situation later, and Miranda re-connected with her friends, went out to her party.


Now, the solution here was that Betty would be baby-sat by uncle Kelvin.  SWEEEETTTT!!!  Next door on demand babysitter.  

To melt together the situation I went with Betty to the store, told her to pick everything that she wanted for her Betty / Uncle Kelvin party, and we'd stash it at Kelvins so that the other kids didn't know.  So betty had her secret personalized treats, and I'd let Alice and Michael get a secret Jazz Concert treat at superstore that Betty wasn't allowed to know about.

It turns out that I use bribery HARD when I want or need people to get on board with a plan.  Betty was happy for her planned event, The other kids were happy for their planned event, and Miranda went out to her friends party without cancelling to take care of Betty.


The Jazz Concert was at Aberheart.  How perfect is that.  So we 'dressed up', walked over, and met a pile of Trelevan / Bates at the concert.  

The VIBE was amazing.  Sitting in a vibe, I was feeling so grateful.  How wonderful is life.




We waited in this cute little area for ten minutes before the Trelevans came in, and I was really out of this world happy to let my little elementary school kids sit in a highschool event.  Not necessarily a common thing.

I took as many photos as possible, trying to catch what I could for Marce and Art.  We of course, all being there for Zak, might as well catch something.  In fact, I wish I had taken pictures on the way in, on the way out, of the ice cream and coffee station that they'd set up.  Darn it all!


This vocals group did summer of love at the end.  Sigh... of course I was crying during it.  Sigh....






The last photo, and those like it were my favorites.  I was trying to catch Marce... photo'ing Zac.  I love a photo of someone taking a photo.

The last photo is of the group of us at the table.  Sans the photographer.



No... the last photo is going to be the one where I took a photo of Audra.  jazz is exhausting....




Actually, no, the last photo is of everyone hanging out at the Betty Kelvin party at the end of the night.  Love you all.




5 comments:

  1. Thanks for coming! I tried not to cry for most of it. So tough when they’re in grade 12 and near the end of their school concerts. Great report!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved so many things about your report. What a busy day. Loved that Miranda go out to her party, that she dressed up, and that you got a photo of her. Love that woman soooo much. Loved the photo of Michael and Alice all dressed up for their concert too. Loved that you are making soup this week. So am I. Loved thinking about going to junior and high school music concerts. There's nothing I love more than watching and listening to young musicians play -- if I were channeling Arta (which I always am), I would say that I smile more at those concerts than I do at a $100 professional orchestra concert. Treats, treats, treats. I think there is no shame in bribing. Love that Betty got her own party with her uncle Kelvin. How special is that? Any Byblos. There is absolutley nothing better than fresh pita. Love it when I buy it and it's still hot in the bag. Axle and I had shwarma together yesterday. Best sandwhiches in the world. I could go on. The photos from the concert are fantastic, and you photo of a tired Audra is perfect. I've been my own kids in that pose. Thank you for your Dear Diary entry. I love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, the photo of you, Michael and Alice outside Aberhart is priceless. What a perfect photo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for adding the program photos. I loved seeing the tunes that you got to enjoy. Seasons of Love would have had me streaming tears, but today, seeing the title of the song just makes me happy. Glad you were there to hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I feel like I was there. so weird to see my old high school?!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.