Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Walk Through the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona

October 9, 2011

Joaquim accompanied me many times to Barcelona, showing me the small hidden treasure of this city that an ordinary tourist might miss. As well, each time I took the tour on the Hop On, Hop Off bus, I would hear the driver say one golden nugget. “A traveler with time should explore the area around the cathedral, for there are interesting Roman ruins there.”

When Greg and I left the hotel tonight, that was my plan. To take a peek at those Roman ruins. Greg said that his goal wanted to walk down La Rambla. We spent four hours together, first of all hijacking our own agenda and walking through Port Vell, the stunning new recreational harbour area: IMAX theatres.

We walked along the side of the earliest stone structures and by the time we got to the fourth piece of the wall, I could see that there are informational markers placed along the wall, full of text that explains what the casual viewer should be looking at. Now there is a dream come true. Walking through the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona with my brother-in-law as a guide.

Wish you were all here.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.