Sunday, March 18, 2012

Airport Pictures - Postmodern Alberta

Poster on wall of Calgary Airport
In the London Heathrow Airport, I saw a skeleton used to display beauty products. The paradox was so great, I began to look at other advertisements in airports that surprise me.

Take this poster to the left.

I would have expected an invitation to visit the the museum or the Chiniki Restaurant on the Nakoda Reserve on arriving in Calgary.

But look -- advertized is something better -- slot machines and a show girl just 30 minutes west of Calgary in beautiful Kananaskis Country.  Call 1-888-8-NAKODA.

My surprise only shows how deep in the past I am buried.  Now I have another idea for a tourist destination on the way to B.C.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.