Friday, March 30, 2012

Grandma Singing Time

... which song shall we do next? Gwandma? ...
Rhiannon's day care has closed down for 10 days ... just the 10 days that I will be here.

I had planned on spending my time in Ottawa, either at the National Gallery or perhaps sitting in on parliament for a few sessions.

I might even have decided to go to some noon hour organ concerts with Mary.

I can make music and be charmed by the video "All Dogs Go to Heaven"
... at the same time ...
But now I get to stay home with a little girl who has nothing to do all day but be entertained.

I didn't have to look far around me to find musical instruments to play with: bongo drums, shakers, bells, triangles, rattles, goat-skinned covered gourds. As soon as I make one instrument seem like a lot of fun, I lose it to her little hands and I get to pick up another and try to make it sound even more fun to play with.

... "can we sing all morning?" ...
... "yes, we can" ...
We ask each other questions in song.

We tell stories to each other in song.

I invite her to snack time in song, and she sings back to me exactly what she wants to have on her plate: orange cheese, carrots and an orange.  And so we sing in orange.

Ta dum, ta dee.

More fun than the National Gallery and a session of parliament combined.

Arta

1 comment:

  1. how fun! I wish I were there singing with the two of you.... ahhhhhh......mennnnnnnn

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.