Sunday, March 18, 2012

Settling in to sleep

... midnight and still rocking ...
I can drop off to sleep in 30 seconds or less once my head is on the pillow.

Well, dropping off to sleep might also be possible for me sitting in a movie, or even standing in a line-up that is moving very slowly.

But in the case of this picture, I was wondering if there would ever be sleep -- Rebecca reading to Duncan, a book in two hands to bring the calming words to him.  He, on the other hand, was using his feet and body to produce an undulating motion to keep himself awake. Had she been prone and trying to sleep, and had he been sitting on the bed trying to read to her, both would have been asleep.

Arta

1 comment:

  1. My son's version of this is to relate in detail any video he has seen that day - I think it was from 11pm-12:30am last night that I was hearing the blow-by-blow from a Transformer's movie. Oh, and he also wanted to let me know that there is Children's Gravol available and it is fast acting relief for kids. Like if they need to vomit, be prepared. Gravol is for you."

    =) Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.