Thursday, March 22, 2012

I love to cook

In doing a housekeeping job on my email inbox, investigating why it fills up so quickly, I discovered my love to cook is reflected in the emails that are automatically sent to my account. In one day I saw all of the following:
Robin Hood Newsletter
Epicurious
Milk Alberta
Eagle Brand Milk Newsletter
French's Mustard
The Best of America's Test Kitchen
Kraft Recipes

... mango salsa ... enough to share ...
"easy to make if other people are in the kitchen
and I can get a chopping board in front of them"
Even if I don't make it to the kitchen, I spend the time looking at the recipes therein, fantasizing that I have the time to make them and invite people in to eat them.  Then I delete the email message and get on with my real life.

And if I am not doing that, I am cutting recipes out of the Globe and Mail Food Section, or reading the City Palate when it gets delivered to my door.

All of this spills over into the grocery store, like when I see mangoes at the Coop, 10 for $10.  Visions of mango salsa dance in my head.  Oh, life can be sweet with a handful of mangoes a jalapeno pepper, a red pepper and a sharp knife.

Arta

2 comments:

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.