Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Austin Getting Ready


April 11, 2013
Austin in March

One evening at 11:00 p.m., I received an email from Trent saying that sometime we should take a Disney cruise from Galveston because children could go free. I checked out prices immediately and by 3 a.m. I had a cruise booked from Galveston. Sent an email to Trent followed by a phone call in the morning. Trent was not amused or ready to go. However, by 11 p.m. that night he and Jamie said a big ‘Yes’. Greg and I were delighted.

Since we would be eating on the ship, Trent and Jamie decided that we would eat at home more often than usual. Jamie cooked at many delicious meals the week we were in Austin two of them being pancakes and Mexican. Greg wants a repeat of both meals at the lake.

While we were eating Mexican, Ezra was busy eating and shelling peas from the pod.



Lots of packing to do. I tried to help Jamie the Saturday we were leaving to get ready. I forgot how long it takes to fold up little clothes. Ivan and Ezra tried out the suitcases while we were packing.




If not in a suitcase, Ezra was in the cupboard. He even knows how to shut the cupboard door without pinching his fingers.




Senya is ever the older sister helping her two brothers. Ask Ivan if he wants red or green ice cream he will answer, “Whatever Senya is having!”.

I cannot french braid like Tonia or Arta but I give it a try when I am in Texas because Senya likes to have a braid. 



We drove Trent and Jamie’s two small cars from Austin to Galveston. Since going on a cruise they will never be able to afford a van. We did have a memorable week in Austin before our cruise.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.