Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Birds

Bird says, "Hello, Wyona."
This is not my preferred way of spending a morning on the balcony.

Taking pictures of birds.

But by the time I got out there, the birds were coming in, trying to get a few crumbs of croissants right out of Wyona's hands.

Hard not to grab the camera for they come by in singles, and then in groups.

To get a balcony or not to get a balcony.

That is the question.

It is a bit more money.

And do you want to spend your money hanging over the side of it so many times -- the morning, the evening.

I have liked the balcony.

We slip out there early in the morning when we dock and hang over the edge, watching the ropes thrown onto shore.

We sit out there for small increments of 10 minutes, 15 minutes, enjoying the fresh breeze and the wonderful warm air.

We bring our snacks back and eat out on the balcony.

I took out some blankets and slept there one afternoon.

Oh, so sweet ... cruising, even with the birds.

Arta

4 comments:

  1. I did love the balcony. One night I went out at 3 a.m. and laid on the lawn chair to watch the passing light on shore. I never went back to sleep even though and went and got pillows and adjusted my environment a few times. The site was just too beautiful so I stayed awake and watched. I paid for it the next day because I was so tired.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such great photos! I almost feel like I'm there on the balcony with you instead of here by the fireplace ushering in another midwestern winter...

    ReplyDelete
  3. First shot is an award winner!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.