Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Off to the movies

December 6th is Zoe's birthday.  She will be 29.  To start the celebrations, Zoe, Greg, Wyona, Charise and I went to the movies tonight -- she to watch Rocket Robbie and the rest of us to see Jesus Christ Super Star -- me for the second time this week.

I slipped out of our show to watch the last 10 minutes of Rocket Robbie -- just enough time to hear the animated characters calling each other stink brain and fart mouth.  I like to add new words to my lexicon of unacceptable phrases in real life and those are two good ones.  Zoe is wanting the 3 set DVD of Mutant Ninja Turtles for her birthday.  She is going to get a set of Zumba tapes as well.  I told Wyona to have her open up the first gift, for if she gets the Zumba tapes first, and thinks she will not get the other set, her birthday might be ruined.

Perhaps they will get some pictures of her birthday up on the blog as well, for I saw a Christmas present unwrapped today -- just a little ahead of schedule -- a new fuscia pink camera to replace their lost one.  There was a discussion about the colour of the camera being manly enough for Greg.  Though some claim it to be, pink is not yet the new black for men.

I enjoyed my second go around with Superstar.  It wasn't long before Wyona was leaning over to me and pointing out a large figure in an orange jacket, white t-shirt with thin stripes going around it, and wearing a straw hat.  "See him," she said.  "He was Mr. Braithwaite in the London production of Billy Elliot and later he was in Crazy for You.  Now he is in this show.  A versatile actor."   I had noticed him, but hadn't made all of the connections she was making.

I really enjoyed the second chance to watch the show.  The lyrics were clearer.  The scenes more defined.  The pulsing "off-beat" of the 5/4 rhythm was fun.  I had a chance to look at the musicians in the scaffolding on the side of the stage more closely. The burlesque routine in the TV game show sequence / trial was a fantastic parody.  Charise picked up the allusion to Castro / Che Guevera posters in one of the scenes.  Working out the conflict between free will and determinism was clearer for me.  I enjoyed having the Jesus and Judas figures take their curtain calls together -- I thought they worked well off of each other.

And thus endeth my report on the beginning of Zoe's 29th birthday party -- pop, candy, popcorn, straws, serviettes and two movies.

On other matters, I am being punished for not keeping up with my keyboard skills.  My mouse quit working and now I have to use the touch pad.  In a week or two, I will have forgotten that I didn't know how to use it, but right now I spend half my time, still reaching for the broken mouse, and then figuring out how to draw my finger the pad so that the arrow ends up in the right place.

Curses on having to learn new skills.  And this week Richard added salt to my wounds when he asked me to text him.  I said I didn't know how and he told me it wouldn't be long  until I am with the leviathins if I don't keep up with new technolgoy.

Sucks to be me.

Arta 

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.