Friday, February 13, 2015

The Fear of Friday, the 13th

From Wickapedia:


Triskaidekaphobia (from Greek tris meaning "3", kai meaning "and", deka meaning "10" and phobos meaning "fear" or "morbid fear") is fear of the number 13 and avoidance to use it; it is a superstition and related to the specific fear of the 13th person at the Last Supper being Judas, who was said to have stabbed Jesus Christ in the back (metaphorically). It is also a reason for the fear of Friday the 13th, called paraskevidekatriaphobia (from Παρασκευή Paraskevi, Greek for Friday) orfriggatriskaidekaphobia (after Frigg, the Norse goddess after whom Friday is named in English).


I couldn't help but put this explanation up on the blog.  I didn't know the real name of fear of Friday the 13th when I went to check this morning.  I could only remember the name of the fear of the number 13.  I have a black candle holder that circles in a spiral and holds 13 black candles.  I went to find it today and couldn't put my hands on it.  Could I have given it away?  Now there is a fear for you -- that I might have given something away.  

I have no fear of Friday the 13th.  I was going to mock the universe by lighting the candles today.  I guess I will have to wait until next time.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.