Sunday, August 27, 2017

Park Hill Trails, North Loop, Canoe, B.C.

From Arta:  I look like I am leaning against a tree, but no, this is a 
trick selfie.  The truth is, that tree is three feet downhill and I am so 
tired on that bench that I can just barely turn around for the shot.  
Luckily Bonnie pulled out a sandwich: deli meat, cheese
and a tomato on French bread.  
Enough sustenance to get me back to the car.
From Bonnie:

After walking in the forest across from my house and then circling the  McGuire Lake Trail three times, Arta and I still didn't have our 10,000 steps in for the day.

Off we went to Park Hill Trails over by Canoe, B.C.

I had been on the Northern Loop once before with my friend Anita, so feeling confident I led the way.

Even if you've been on a trail before, that doesn't mean it's going to seem as familiar as you hope it will feel.

On this time up the trail there were two sets of trees laying across the path. We had to go under or climb over them. We both went over the first set of trees.

... under or over? ...
The second tree look like a tuning fork, I went through the middle and Arta went under. As she was under a branch and I was over the same branch  going over, at that time I thought, "I really hope I don't put too much pressure on this branch. If this hard-working person dies in a tree accident let it be mother nature and not me who takes her out.

Thanks to Arta, we got to rest on a wooden bench she spotted off the trail. We had a beautiful view of the Anglemont community on the shore opposite us. The Shuswap waters didn't have the glassy look of the early morning.  Quiet ripples on the lake were from boats long gone by.

We stopped long enough to see a couple of birds swooping down close to the water looking for an afternoon snack, and a canoe and a paddle boat board passed through our view.

The beach on this side of the lake is just visible and it looks so inviting, but if I'm going to take a dip it's going to be in  Annis Bay.

Bonnie

3 comments:

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.