Sunday, November 26, 2017

MOOC

I don't know if you go out to look at the "Blogs of Family and Friends" that are on the right hand panel of this blog.  I went there today after reading the University of Alberta Faculty Blog:  In Memory of Cindy Gladue

That was about as painful a read as I wanted for the day.  And it got me thinking about the Reconciliation Syllabus blog so I went on a side trip there as well.

Being a couple of articles behind, I read for a while and then was reminded about the Indigenous Canada MOOC (Massive Open Online Course) which I signed up for a couple of months ago.  Rebecca said that she signed up for the course, paid the fee, and has finished it.

I, too, signed up for the course.  I didn't pay the fee.  I just got busy and did the course, one step at a time, as she said.  I did take notes as I went, and sometimes referred to them as I was doing the testing.  I considered that all of the exams were open books exams.

I finished the course last week, a week ahead of schedule.  I don't feel as though there is much I can do on the subject.  Maybe I will say this another way -- no matter how much I do, it all seems so very little.

Like Rebecca, I recommend the online course.  I have to say that my trip to the Canadian National Archives and Libraries was a thrill, for I saw my first wampum belts there, which had new meaning because of the online course.

And while I was in Ottawa I saw another belt in the new Canadian and Indigenous Section of the National Gallery.

I think that is all I wanted to say on this.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.