Monday, November 27, 2017

Volleyball Returns

I went to watch Rebecca Jarvis play volleyball at a tournament on Sunday. Eric drove us out to a small village in rural Quebec where there is a double gym attached to the school. Eric left and I stayed to watch Rebecca for the day.

Her team had to go down a level last year to the D league. They do not belong there. They were winning by scores of 25 to 3 or 25 to 7. They were just too skilled and too powerful.

Volleyball has changed a bit since I last watched a tournament. When the women have to change from one shirt to another they turn their backs to the audience and then they just whip off those shirts and put the new ones on – no change rooms available, or maybe close enough. That act happened in less than 2 seconds and I was left wondering, did I really see that?

I rode home in the school bus with the team. The coaches had some music playing, both the sound of which and the level of which were a lot of fun!

The team proved that they need to be in the C League next year.  I hope I am in Montreal next year and around to see those games.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.