Thursday, April 4, 2019

Bolshoi Ballet - The Golden Age

Hello,

On Sunday the Bolshoi Ballet that comes by NT live will be showing.

Showcase says the following:

Bolshoi Ballet: The Golden Age Poster
CAST: TBC
DIRECTOR: Event Director
RUN TIME: 2 hours 20 minutes
RELEASE DATE: 09/04/2019

In the 1920s, The Golden Age cabaret is a favorite nightly haunt. The young fisherman Boris falls in love with Rita. He follows her to the cabaret and realizes that she is the beautiful dancer "Mademoiselle Margot," but also the love interest of the local gangster Yashka.

With its jazzy score by Shostakovich and its music-hall atmosphere featuring beautiful tangos, The Golden Age is a refreshing and colorful dive into the roaring 20s. A historic ballet that can be seen only at the Bolshoi!

Read more at http://www.showcasecinemas.co.uk/film-info/bolshoi-ballet-the-golden-age#QTwjd7oCuJ2Z1ZZg.99

I had to laugh when I read what wiki has to say about The Golden Age.  I think it is the line where Shostakovich said "ballet is the football of the masses".  I am not that fond of football.  I will report back on how I like the ballet.  I don't know if this is the same piece of work, though it has the same name and the same composer.

Bachtrack helped me out.  Yes, the ballet has been updated.  I am looking forward to going with Betty, Alice and Michael.  A grandmother's dream.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.