Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Bush and Tree Whacking

From Moiya


I just took a drive down to the lake.


David is off at a course all day.

While we were in Victoria, the people hired by CP had been in to cut down anything on the sides of the railway that might obstruct site lines for the train switches.


They have taken down a lot of the trees too.


It is unbelievable.


 I know Glen and Janet mentioned something to me about it but until I went down the roadway, I had no idea.


Glen’s apple trees on the side of the road are gone.


 All the volunteer cherry trees are gone.


All the bush is gone.




They also cut down the tree that I thought might fall on us at the beach.


Amazing!


I stopped and talked with them.


I just thought it was maybe because it is spring and that the leaves weren’t fully out on the trees yet.


No, they have taken down a lot!

I like it!

 Moiya

PS Today (April 18th) we see a shredder machine on the property. I think they will be cleaning up the mess. David is going to go buck up some of the bigger stuff. The trouble is that it is raining!

I was wrong. Only one of Glen’s apples trees was cut down.


1 comment:

  1. The only part I don't like is the loss of Glen's apple tree down there. I didn't think it was high enough to be in the way of sight lines.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.