Monday, April 15, 2019

Joy at the Movies

I went to the final show in the Travel Series tonight: Ireland, Emerald Island.  The synopsis said
Green is the first thing that people associate with Ireland. Green plains and hills dominate the landscapes scattered with castles before ending abruptly at chiselled oceanside cliffs. Then, at the end of the day, when the rays of the setting sun pierce through the clouds and shimmer on the horizon, you will quickly understand why this paradise is known as the Emerald Island.
The movie delivered as it said it would.

This made a third trip downtown for me today. Once to the lawyer. Once to the dentist. Once to the Cineplex. At the very minimum I am getting good use out of my yearly bus pass.

I am also trying to make good use of the food in my fridge, using recipes in the 101 Salads from three ingredients handout.  I bought some dates for a date salad.  I don't even like dates but I am trying to be adventurous.

I looked up the other two ingredients for the salad so that I can buy them tomorrow.  Unfortunately there is no date salad -- it is a fig salad.  I don't like figs either.

Arta  

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.