Wednesday, April 24, 2019

My Birthday is Coming

sitting in the plaza
... waiting for the Marble Slab Creamery to open ...
 I know that the best way to have a happy birthday for me is to plan it myself: think up an idea and execute it.

Now I could really care less about my birthday and in a perfect world, I would let it come and go.

But I noticed that Betty, Alice and Michael perked up when the first part of my sentence began with, “My birthday is coming …” and before I knew it, the second part of the sentence said, “… and I am having an ice cream party.” 

Right away they knew to start giving me two or three flavours each that I might choose to bring to the party. Michael wants vanilla with Nerds covering the top of the cone. He doesn’t care if it is a sugar waffle cone or not, but no glass bowls, please. Alice is staying with Tiger, Tiger, probably until she sees what Michaels looks like and then she will switch over. Betty is undecided.

On our trip today, Michael and I explored Aspen Landing and found a Marble Slab Creamery. Our noses were against the door until the woman who was opening the shop came over to ask us what we needed. We told her we were just window shopping and that we knew she didn’t open until 11 am, which was lucky for me, since Alice had picked the new shoes she wanted and we were on the road before then.

Anyway, my birthday is coming. If you will be around, please give me the flavour of your heart’s desire.

2 comments:

  1. I won't be around, but I shall eat a dairy queen sundae with sour cherry topping in your honour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please, do not eat that sundae without me. We will put hot fudge on and the sour cherry topping. Alternately, eat it on May 8th in my honour and we will do it again when I get there.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.