Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Parachute Games

Having a parachute to play with turns out to be a task of learning how to cooperate.

Having a parachute also is a task of finding enough people to hold the ends of the parachute while others take their turns running under it.

Or over the top of it.

Or wanting to be encircled in it.


I would't have had the idea of curling up at the middle of the parachute and then having its ends twisted until I was wrapped in a little ball.  I felt like we were doing the Maypole tree but in reverse, that is from the ground up, not the top down.

But apparently this is what everyone in the back yard wanted to do.

Everyone except Betty who wanted to take a flying run across it, though who knows why.

A great toy.

I am looking forward to more spring fun with our parachute!

Arta


2 comments:

  1. Amen to this being a task of cooperation ... and arm strength. Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since we played that game, Calgary has had a snow storm and we have't been able to get out and use the ground again. I think a couple of days of weather where all of the snow will be gone, and I should ask the kids to bring the parachute out again. I don't think we have plumbed the depth of the fun we can have with it.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.