Wednesday, April 24, 2019

On the Absence of Colour

There was a time when having white hair was a sign of aging.

And indeed, women have been able to look ten years younger when they have applied dye to their hair.

Still, some women just go with the natural look.

I met up with Narda Nelson and Brenda Card, both of whom have hair as white as mine.

We are separated by decades as far as real years go.

LtoR: Narda, Arta, Brenda
So for us, white is a colour to be celebrated, except that white is not really a colour at all.

Absence of colour is to be celebrated.

4 comments:

  1. I was trying to take a selfie with Narda. I was having so much trouble setting it up her husband said, "Let me take the photo." I did. Brenda was close by and when I saw Narda's hair and Brenda's? Well, the moment was there. Wish I had cropped the pic so that we had only our hair in there, but that might have taken a professional photogapher. This was all done in 30 seconds or less.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the post and the photos. Gorgeous women. Gorgeous hair!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your compliments. Narda (Nelson) Playfair's hair is short and bobbed. Very cute. Brenda Card wears her hair in an elegantly braided manner -- I can't figure out if she has had it done professionally, or if she is just really good at it. But it is hard for me not to stare when I see her because it is so interesting to look at. Now I am wondering, what is the difference between a stare, and just really looking for a long time at something that is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.