Saturday, October 28, 2017

Masks


Hebe trying on masks
at the Pharmaprix
Catherine and Eric are in Washington, D.C. for the weekend.

That leaves me here with their kids, which essentially means, I don’t have much to do.

The three 17 year olds don’t need any supervision. They come and go, study, eat and pick up after themselves.

Apparently Hebe doesn’t need any supervision either.

I am the one who needs help.

I couldn’t even get water and ice out of the fridge without making a big mess on the floor.

A flood.

When Hebe saw I had spilled so much water she fell to her knees and wiped it up quickly with an absorbent terry towel cloth.

Guess who?
Then she looked up at me and said, “You shouldn’t work in other people’s kitchens until you know how to operate their equipment.” Well, I couldn’t have agreed with her more.

This morning Hebe’s mom came to pick her up for an outing. Hebe and I had played L.O.L dolls while we were waiting for her mom’s arrival.

There will be no prize for what I have learned about the dolls. That I know the different series and classes of dolls is only a by-product of getting to play with toys from another generation.

Playing dolls was about an hour of our time in the morning.

When Hebe and her mom went out the door, Hebe came back in and said to me, “Don’t forget to lock the door, Grandmother.”

Catherine's favouite mask
... a profusion of butterflies ...
I am guessing that it will take some time until I inspire confidence in her, though I do notice that she likes to quietly play about three feet away from me.

She must be missing Catherine.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.