Monday, October 23, 2017

Pics from the Shuswap


Photo by Moiya

Moiya occasionally sends me a picture of the lake.

Sometimes it is when a rainbow is arching the sky or perhaps it is Christmas and the Woods have built a snowman in their yard,

She lines everyone up to have their picture taken with their winter wonderwork.

Today she looks out over the water to see the colours if the fall in the trees. 

There is Wyona's purple house and then Glen's beige house in the right side of the picture.

A charming scene.

Photo by Moiya


Having no such view from our windows, Wyona and I met at the Dairy Queen today to discuss our plans for the fall.

She is taking a short trip to Ottawa to see old friends.

I am going for a month to Montreal (with a sidebar trip to Ottawa).

Both trips I am looking forward to.

I haven't been to Ontario nor Quebec for a long time.

Im Montreal I remember walks through quaint neighbourhoods.

And visits to ethnic restaurants.

The garden  has been dug.  The raspberry bushes are down.  
The apples are off of the tree.
Photo by Moiya

And time spent in St. Joseph's Cathedral, as well as museums and art galleries.

The only question left for me is, better to get a monthly transit pass, or to pay each time I go out?

I haven't had time to brush up on any French and if I tried, I don't think it would work.

About all I could do 50 years ago was read Le Petit Prince and I don't think any of that vocabulary is going to help me.

I am so looking forward to visiting "the beautiful province". 

Moiya's  pictures of B.C. set the standard high.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.