Monday, October 30, 2017

On the Metro

... an irrelevant selfie along Sherbrooke Street with a statue ...
I tried to get the whole statue in and this is the best I could do.
I barely figured out where the camera on the selfie side is. 
Catherine's hope was that I would get to downtown Montreal in time to see the flag and artwork that were along Sherbrooke Street.

That didn't really work, for everything was taken down this morning when I got there.  One day too late, is just too late.

Still, I hopped off of the bus and walked for a couple of hours in the strongest wind ever.  Signs were crashing down.  Leaves were lifted up higher than the trees they had fallen from.  A big metal YIELD sign came rolling across the sidewalk between another pedestrian and me.  Raised eyebrows and we both continued, me still going west and he travelling on east.

I road the 24 bus loop once in the morning and then a second time in the afternoon.

Catherine lives one block off of the metro line.  I am dying to get down under the ground and ride there.

But first, I have to figure out how to buy the tickets.  That was an adventure in itself.  Catherine said it is easy for they have English directions.  But I would have had to have known where to hit the right buttons as well as read English.  Someone finally helped me right down to asking for a receipt for the transaction.  I thanked her and she walked away.  But then I couldn't find the ticket or the receipt.  I finally emptied out a clear plastic canister on the front of the machine but there were about 7 pieces of paper in there.  I went back to find the woman who had helped me; she returned to the machine, showed me a small vent at the bottom which was holding my ticket, and then replaced all of the paper I had gathered back into the trash holder from which I had collected them.

Welcome to Montreal, Arta.


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.