Friday, October 6, 2017

Norma - Coming to a Theatre Near You

Jamie Barton, kneeling, and Angela Meade, as the title character, 
in Bellini’s “Norma” at the Metropolitan Opera. 
Credit Marty Sohl/Metropolitan Opera
What makes the opera so much fun for me now, is all of the work I do getting ready to go to it.

 Now it is not all that much work.

 I do read the reviews and in the case of Norma, one of the reviews involves listening to some quick utube renditions of the tunes I will be hearing.

I have been known to take a few notes and try to learn the names of the protagonists.

All of this makes me pretty happy when I get there.  Such a joy to watch the New York Metropolitan Opera, brought to the comfort of a theatre that is only an LRT ride away!

If you plan on going to the opera, here are some reviews. 

I am going to have to catch it on the Encore for I have another appointment on Saturday.

Hear what makes Norma the Everest of Opera

Star Singers Lift a muddled 'Norma' at the Metropolitan Opera

2 comments:

  1. I was afraid that the old fashioned plot was not going to work for either Orit nor you. However, she may not have gone, and you may have ignored the plot.

    I did try to Facetime you today, for Kerri Singh and Miranda were here, both of them women who would enjoy that fabulous over vest that you showed me on Facetime. There just never was such an article of clothing, though a hand embroidered scarf from India that Kerri showed me today might come in as a close second.

    Thanks for the encouragement to go see this opera. I love it that there is still time!

    I am going at the encore. Today was Sharon's funeral for me

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.