Wednesday, May 8, 2019

Le Happy Boi*

Happy birthday, grandmother. As a thanks for all the wonderful things you
Is ready for epic tem.
have given me this past year and all the years before, here is a photo of the stuffed rabbit I got for Easter.

[Name not found] is playing on my Nintendo Switch with my headphones in its ears, with computer in front, and candy by its sides. [Name not found] is ready to party.

With part of my savings I acquired a Nintendo Switch ($320), finally using some of the birthday and Christmas money you have given me that I have been saving because I never had an excuse to use it. I also purchased some video games:

  • The first one was the game "Super Smash Brothers Ultimate" ($80). It's like a fighting game except there is 70+ characters. 
  • I also got "War Groove" ($20) which is a game in spirit of advanced wars in which you can use dogs to break other people's castles. 
  • "Dawn of War" ($12) is a really old strategy game set in the 41st millennium in which you can play as augmented humans, super orks, super fast elf people, or people who belong to a religion in which the gods really respond to the prayers of their acolytes (chaos worshippers), though normally at the cost of their sanity. 
  • "Gunman Clive HD collection" ($3) is a two-dimensional shooter game where you play as a cowboy fighting other cowboys, robots, aliens, ride-on horses and also dinosaurs. It's got really cool graphics that look like they were drawn with pastels. It's also surprisingly good for $3. It's 2 games in 1with 20 levels a piece with 4 different characters, so it's 160 levels of play.
Now, I must stop writing because I can't think of anything more to talk about and I'm incredibly hungry. We are off to enjoy a Dairy Queen sundae with chocolate and cherry toppings in celebration of you being one year older.

* The typo in the name is intentional. 


3 comments:

  1. David, I could feel myself giggling at how clever your post to me was. Setting the bunny up, even with its own ear phones and telling me it is your Easter Bunny 2019? Just typing that sentence made me laugh out loud again a second time.

    The second idea that popped into my mind is that all of the grandchildren will think I have given you way more money than them, since it seems that there is a lot of money involved here, all coming from me. I hasten to tell everyone, no – not a lot of money from me – just a person who saved his birthday and Xmas money over the years until now. I am thrilled that you found a place to spend it, finally. I was starting to worry that you would never find a place you wanted to spend it.

    And the third point is that you have so well described what I see in Michael next door. He has such a great desire to play electronic games. When you made your points about what games you have purchased, I had in the back of my mind, “So? This is what Michael keeps trying to tell me and that I can’t seem to hear.”

    I know that doing all of that writing in the post is hard work. Thank you for everyone of the words.

    And fourth? Yes, a Diary Queen Sundae with hot fudge topping and cherry topping to celebrate my birthday? It would taste good to me. My sister, Wyona, is the one who introduced me to paying extra and adding a second flavour to a sundae. Thank you for celebrating in that way. I also like to clean house, but I wouldn’t want anyone to do that just because I like to do it.

    I would like to thank you for something else David. I know over the years that you have been on of the readers on this blog. It is a family blog, but mostly a grandmother blog. Still, when people like you make posts, the blog is elevated to stardom!

    * all spelling and grammatical errors are unintentional

    ReplyDelete
  2. David, you have so much in common with Xavier. He bought a switch right before Christmas and also Super Smash Bros. He will love playing it with you next time we are in the same place together. He also is fond of Hollow Knight. I watch him play it often. It is the perfect game for any angsty teen. Slightly depressing/moody music and beautiful graphics. I love watching him play.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.