Saturday, June 29, 2019

My Kids Next Door

... Alice contemplating a crossing on the rocks ...
Michael could hardly contain his excitement. They were having their first guests next door. Now how good can that be. Pretty darned exciting if you are him.

Betty told me she was having a problem this morning,

“The crows were chasing me, grandmother.”

She must have been hearing a murder of them in the morning, screeching at each other. My guess is that she thought the cacophony of sound was directed at her since it would be coming from all directions and the quiet of the morning makes their sounds even louder. Her dad said that as well, she just heard in a book of fiction that a child was carried away by a crow. Fiction will get a 3 year old every time.

I found a song that I have been looking for – Alice Blue Gown.

I always think if there is a song that has your name, you should know that song. I practised the song tonight on the keyboard and started memorizing the words so that I can teach them to her.
... Alice at the creek...

I won’t tell her, but in 1919 a shade of light blue was dominant in the wardrobe of Alice Roosevelt, the daughter of the U.S. President, Theodore.

 So the woman in the song is wearing a dress, the shade of which is “Alice Blue”. Oh boy!

All of this fun for me and they will never know I am having it.

Arta


No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.