Saturday, June 29, 2019

Reading on the Water

... reading on the water ...
In the late evening, sometimes I feel a disconnect between those last moments of the day and the ones that were early in the morning. 

I can figure out how I got from there to here.

The forecast was for 90% rain to I had indoor plans, but as the hours went by no rain fell and the outside called.


“Just a few moments using my pitchfork to get snake grass out of the sandbar in the creek,” I thought.

Michael followed me down there with a book.

... Alice with a hat that reminds me of Hebe's hats ..
I was so surprised at the place he choose to settle in with his book that I reached for my camera.

But it was no where to be had.

That is the trouble with gardening with my camera.

One forgetful moment when the camera is not zippered to my body and it is lost.

... water under both sides of his body ...
... and yes, his legs are getting long, but not that long ...
Either lost or just forgotten back at the house which was the case today.

The weather stayed beautiful all day.

A wind that portended a storm, but the storm didn’t come.

Later the clouds darkened for a while and then that rain went elsewhere.

... Alice hoping to catch minnows ...
Mid afternoon, a clap of thunder sent the kids inside, but no rain or lightening.

 No wonder I felt a disconnect between the morning and the night – it was a day when there was to be rain.

I kept looking for it, always ready to grab my tools and run for cover.

In the meantime I got a lot of snake grass out of the rocks that rim the stream.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. What a perfect place for reading, practicing your balance, or weeding. It took me a long time to recognize that spot on the property. I guess I haven't spent enough time there yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you want to spend more time here, that could be arranged.

    As to recognizing this spot, I would want to think it is hard to recognize because of all the weeding I did there. You can see the rocks again and I want to think that a surprize for you

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.