Sunday, June 30, 2019

Too Tired to Even Eat

"I would like to be an owl," says Betty.
Lincoln wanted to be a golden eagle.

When I came to the house I was so tired I didn’t even want to eat supper. I took a warm shower, walked by the food again, and plated up some chicken and a big salad, some jasmine rice, and I sat outside on the porch. I felt like a million dollars again.

In the middle of supper, Alice turned to the child at her left and said, “What was the best part of your day?” The children all began to tell each other what happened. Then we began to ask each other what animal we would like to be. Then the topic turned to what kind of bird we would like to be.

I was glad I sat at the table with the children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.