Saturday, June 29, 2019

Porcelain Dolls

When I see second-hand porcelain dolls at the thrift store, I wonder whose collection of dolls I am buying.

I wish I could just bargain for the whole set and have it done with.

But someone in charge there, brings they out slowly – about 5 at a time.

So every time I see a few they go in my basket.

One of the dolls fell to the floor during a fight between the two girls.

The floor is marble.

That doesn’t work for porcelain dolls.

... a doll we have loved and lost ...
One has been retired and the other has a leg which needs bandaging.

The clothing is not like the clothing on Barbie dolls that is meant to go on and off.

It comes off with a great amount of difficulty, but Betty can do it.

Arta

2 comments:

  1. It's tricky when two people want the same fragile thing at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me laugh. Yes this is true of porcelain dolls and also of other metaphysical things. Thanks for bringing that to my mind.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.