Saturday, June 8, 2019

Lilium Columbiaum in the Meadow

... one of the twin tiger lily flowers ...
I was so thrilled to see a tiny orange tiger lily in the meadow.  The next time I looked there were 2 flowers there.

And then the next day 7 and one of them had a double flower on it.

I had to ask Glen if the tiger lilies were a rare specious and needed protection since I can’t imagine that the flowers will survive when the children run through that spot.

Then I remembered that the kids have been running through there for years.

What is different is that I have seen the flowers for the first time, and in June.

By July they will be gone and a new species will be blooming.

June is such a wonderful month – so many flowers that are spring flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.