Friday, November 22, 2019

Branagh Theatre - A Winter's Tale


Truth-telling …
Judi Dench as Paulina and Kenneth Branagh as Leontes
in
The Winter’s Tale at the Garrick

Photograph: Johan Persson
Kenneth Branagh Theatre Company/Garrick
I like to keep just a little bit ahead of what I am going to see next.  I think this show comes Dec 4th.

So for others like me, here is a Guardian review of the upcoming Shakespeare play,  The Winter's Tale.

It seems like only yesterday that I read Janette Winterson's The Gap of Time, her cover of The Winter's Tale.

Such a rich culture that we live in.

I went to refresh my mind on some of the most famous lines from this play.

I wrote them in a notebook that I carry with me.

Perhaps I will have time to re-read them.

Perhaps not.

But just having them there makes me feel comfortably prepared for this new show.

1 comment:

  1. I am a Jeanette Winterson fan, but had not read any of her work for years. Thanks for the recommendation!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.