Friday, November 22, 2019

Look at the Wind Mills

Naomi on the prairie
Look at southern Alberta.

 It is hunting season now.

 I think most hunters are like my dad.

They go out to see the beauty of the world and if a deer walks in front of them and it is close to their vehicle they shoot it.

Although I grew up in the city, I always feel as though I grew up on the prairie as well. 

Our new house was pretty well alone, with a few older houses sprinkled on the land. 

But there were plenty of gophers, lots of dry summer grass, the very beginnings of the rolling foothills, shooting stars in the field below our house, which was really a good toboggan hill as well.
... Naomi as Richard's sidekick

So the prairies have changed.

But still they are the same.

Naomi and Richard went out hunting in southern Alberta.

No deer walked in front of them, so they came home empty-handed.

Arta

3 comments:

  1. but wow to the amazing expanse of the sky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at that gorgeous face. And what a great hunting outfit. Such a contrast to my orange quilted coat from the 70s. Awesome camaflogue hat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I noticed Naomi's grand jacket as well. The hunting coats and hat s like that are on sale at Canadian Tire for half price this week.

    I thought I might go get one, not having purchased one ever in my life.

    Then I rethought that idea. I don't have room in my closet for one more coat, not even a hunting coat! And I don't think I want to pull a deer out of the forest and lift it into a truck, either.

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.