Sunday, November 3, 2019

Mary's Yellow Hand-Blown Beads

The yellow glass bead on the left hand side
of the necklace was the impetus for this string of beads.
Mary gave me some beads she had blown when she was busy working with glass.

I kept them in my jewellery box for a long time but I couldn't think of a good way to wear them and it seemed like such a shame not to put them to use.

Wyona took them to her favourite bead shop in London and chose some coral to put with them and a sprinkling of a few other beads.

I thought Mary would always wear that string of beads on a black dress.

But no!

She watched at her favourite online shopping store, Eloquii until her favourite dress was 40% off -- fashionista Mary.

Mary says that they realized this week that the Owen Wood who is in Rhiannon's class at school is Dan and Marina's boy.
When Mary messaged me with a picture of the necklace
she was wearing today, I sent her back a picture of the one
I was wearing.  I have it on loan from Bonnie Wyora.
Bpnnie was willing to give it up:  too heavy for her neck.
I would never say that.  I will go to bed
with huge knots in my neck rather than not wear it.

The families have hooked up and the Brooks' are going over to Dan and Marina's for sundaes tonight.

I got a little chill when I just wrote that.

No one knows how to serve ice-cream like the Pillings  used to.

The cereal bowls will be heaped high tonight if that tradition continues.

2 comments:

  1. We had a fabulous time at Dan and Marina's -- as much ice cream and toppings as you wanted, karaoke sung at the top of our lungs, and kids playng basketball and volleyball inside the house (Dan and Marina have beautiful high ceilings), other kids drawing pokemon characters, sharing stories about reptiles and (unrelated stories) about flesh wounds. It was the perfect way to re-connect with family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rebecca reports wonderful karaoke at parties at her house as well. Richard and Miranda wanted it at their wedding. I love people who want to sing -- karaoke, in showers, in the car, snippets of tunes to add to funny conversations. Keep belting out the sounds!

    ReplyDelete

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.