Saturday, November 9, 2019

Looking forward to Akhnaten

I missed going to Puccini's Butterfly this morning.  It was a conscious choice.  Rebecca and I are going to spend 5 quiet hours on a Saturday in her office instead -- hoping to get ahead with writing, though that never really happens, does it.

Anthony Roth Costanzo in Akhnaten Karen Almond / Met Opera
We already have our tickets for Phillip Glass's Akhnaten to be telecast January 23rd.

She flies out that evening to Australia and I go back to Calgary.

Normal people would be packing that day, but what isn't packed the day before is not going with us.  Opera first, vacation comfort second.

I don't know much about Phillip Glass.

Anthony Roth Costanzo in Akhnaten 
Paola Kudacki / Met Opera
So I will make some notes between now and then.  Here are the places I am going to visit on my notes taking tour:

The review of Akhnaten from The Guardian when the opera played at the Collesium in London and closed February 2019 was my beginning place to learn a  bit more.

And go inside rehearsals is a good link of 28 seconds of juggling in Akhnaten from the Metropolitan site.

Here is a review from Playbill which is where I will go to take most of my notes.

Here is an 8 minute you tube clip of The Window of Appearances for anyone who might not be able to get there, but who has 8 minutes to watch an 2013 production of the opera.

That is about it on how I am going to go about my homework for Akhnaten.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.