Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday in the Snow

A cardboard box -- the best winter toy

Our church starts late, not until 11:30 am which gives a lot of good morning time in the snow.
This is especially true if there has been a big snowfall and everything is pristine and white.
Griffin, the dog, went out the door first to have family time in the snow. 

Before anyone else got out, he was howling at the door, as if there were a full moon, either asking the others to get out there quickly, or to let him back in.

Getting snowsuites, gloves, scarves and boots on seems like a lot of trouble when lined up against the amount of real time a person is outside. 
<><><><><><><><><><><>
Peeking out from under the fir branches
But that task did not deter Xavier and Naomi.

I am the coward.  Last night it was raining slush and then the cold set in and snow began to fall.

I worry a little about what is underfoot when I can't see it, so I am waiting until others tramp down paths and I can find my way up and down streets.

March is still winter -- good times to be had in the snow if a person doesn't mind if they have a fall or two.

I am not going in the direction of down of my own free will.

At least not until tomorrow.

Arta

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.