Thursday, March 17, 2011

Has anyone seen Oscar?

Add caption
For some unknown-to-me reason, Rhiannon decided she wanted to play with Oscar. the turtle.

Naomi took him out of the cage for Rhiannon.

Naomi placed both of Rhiannon's hands on the turtle, one on the top of his shell and the other on the bottom.

Mary had to come over and help the two girls. 

What they don't have in the way of gentle care for the turtle, they make up for in enthusiasm for handling him as a pet.


"Look," Rhiannon said at one point, while examining him.

"Look, he has no head."

Rhiannon was sure she wanted to let him go for a walk along a small end table.

Marye  banished Oscar to the floor, in the interest of his own safety.

I didn't watch the turtle much, but Rhianoon was watching him scamper across the floor.

It wasn't until later that night, when I was sitting by Mary watching her make glass beads, that I asked, "Did that turtle get back into his cage."

"Whoops," said Mary. "We will have to look for him tonight."

"Whoops," I thought.  "I think we means I."

I have a newly acquired fear of stepping on animals, large plastic toys or piles of boots by an entrance way. In this case Mary said, "Don't worry about stepping on Oscar. His shell is hard enough."

I have no need for turtle soup.

I moved everything in the front room until I found him hiding under some toys.

I wanted him placed back in his cage.

Here, have a turtle!

Arta, Turtle Chaser

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you are using a Mac, you cannot comment using Safari. Google Chrome, Explorer or Foxfire seem to work.